Understanding your options will help you in choosing a weight loss surgery.
When a patient has tried different diets such as low-fat, low-carb, or restriction diets with little success, it might seem like there are few other options to lose the excess weight. Diets and other programs are often unsuccessful at helping people to get the weight off and maintain a healthy body weight for the rest of their lives.
- Choosing a weight loss surgery may be another option for people who have not enjoyed success from other weight loss methods
- Your doctor can help you determine the best surgical procedure
CONTACT US TODAY
Where to Start
When first beginning your weight loss journey, you might feel overwhelmed at all of the different options. A good place to start is with your doctor. You should not feel embarrassed to ask your doctor for help and guidance about weight loss. To prepare for your visit, write down a list of questions and bring along a partner if that will help you to feel more at ease.
Questions to Ask
There are many questions that you may need to ask your doctor, and your doctor may also have some questions for you. Some questions to ask your physician include:
- What is my current weight and body mass index (BMI)?
- What would be a healthy weight for me?
- How much weight do I need to lose?
- Do I have any medical conditions that might be causing me to be overweight?
- How many calories would I need to consume per day to lose weight and maintain the weight loss?
- How can I include physical activity into my daily life?
- Is weight loss surgery an option for me?
Types of Weight Loss Surgeries
In order to determine if weight loss surgery is an option for you, your doctor may order tests and have you undergo physical and mental evaluations. These tests are done in order to make sure that you are a strong candidate for a successful procedure. There are several different types of weight loss surgeries, including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and stomach stapling. Not all patients are candidates for every procedure.
You and your health care team will look through the options and select the best type of weight loss surgery for your situation. If you choose to have weight loss surgery, you will need to commit to living a healthy lifestyle. This means making healthy dietary choices, exercising daily, and keeping up with your follow-up appointments.
I saw results fairly quickly after the surgery. Within the first month I was down 30 lbs. The surgery has changed my life for the better for so many reasons. *
Dr. Naim made me feel very comfortable and motivated. I would definitely do the procedure again, in a heartbeat. *
This is by far one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Without a doubt, I would do it all over again. *
"After seeing my results, I would definitely come back and do it again. I don’t know what took me so long!" *